*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-nazi Convictions/German Activities

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ex-nazi Convictions/German Activities Empty Ex-nazi Convictions/German Activities Fri May 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110512/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_demjanjuk

i thought this to be very interesting, seeing as the man is 91 years old anyways, what's the point of sentencing him? he's 91, likely dead in less than 9 years either way.

MUNICH – A German court convicted retired U.S. autoworker John Demjanjuk on Thursday of taking part in the murder of tens of thousands of Jews as a Nazi death camp guard, breaking legal ground that could pave the way for the prosecution of many low-level cogs in Hitler's machinery of destruction.

i personally think there's no point in pursuing the lower staff such as common soldiers/guards/etc. it's better to nail the officers/high-ups who were truly behind it all, which they already have.

The case was considered groundbreaking because although scores of Nazi war criminals have been tried and convicted in Germany, in this case there was no evidence that Demjanjuk (dem-YAHN'-yuk) committed a specific crime.

His prosecution was based on the theory that if Demjanjuk was at the camp in Nazi-occupied Poland, he was a participant in the killing there — the first time such a legal argument has been made in German courts.

after reading the above text, i thought about the way Germany censors many video games that contain nazi-affiliated images/etc. like Wolfenstein, which is banned from legal sale in german territory. i think they're ashamed of their history a bit too much. my personal beliefs are "if one makes mistakes, they should live with it and learn from it" the same should go for a whole country as well as it goes for a single person.

Opinions?

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

It's still called justice. Whether someone is convicted or adjudicated even after their death, is irrelevant. How would you explain that to the victims family? "well, maybe he did it... but come on... he's old". Well, he wasn't old when he did these monstrosities.... and he should have to pay for them, even if the unfortunate fact is it took so long to get to that point.

And I think they should go after every single person.. living or dead. I don't care if they just mopped the third reich bathroom floor. Somewhere historically they need to pay for the shit they did. If they are dead, then there needs to be a documented ruling so no one can just think "oh, they just served as a Nazi... but it doesn't say what they did". They need to be called out.

And as far as I'm concerned.... the dead ones need to be brought back and killed again.

Fucking Nazi pieces of shit.

As far as them being embarrassed for the past, I can understand that... but in no way should we hold anyone accountable for what happened that were not a part of it. If they have the same ideals to this day, then fuck 'em. But the majority of the country does not hold the old ideals. It's the same as the black people that cant let go of slavery...... and the white people that can't let go of slavery.

http://www.pwpclan.org

Merky

Merky
Im here fairly often!

T@D wrote:It's still called justice. Whether someone is convicted or adjudicated even after their death, is irrelevant. How would you explain that to the victims family? "well, maybe he did it... but come on... he's old". Well, he wasn't old when he did these monstrosities.... and he should have to pay for them, even if the unfortunate fact is it took so long to get to that point.

And I think they should go after every single person.. living or dead. I don't care if they just mopped the third reich bathroom floor. Somewhere historically they need to pay for the shit they did. If they are dead, then there needs to be a documented ruling so no one can just think "oh, they just served as a Nazi... but it doesn't say what they did". They need to be called out.

And as far as I'm concerned.... the dead ones need to be brought back and killed again.

Fucking Nazi pieces of shit.

As far as them being embarrassed for the past, I can understand that... but in no way should we hold anyone accountable for what happened that were not a part of it. If they have the same ideals to this day, then fuck 'em. But the majority of the country does not hold the old ideals. It's the same as the black people that cant let go of slavery...... and the white people that can't let go of slavery.
Agree with everything tad said. x1000

T@D wrote:Fucking Nazi pieces of shit.

Roach, you shouldn't be proud that your grandfather or w/e was a Nazi.

http://www.hsclan.co.nr

Merky

Merky
Im here fairly often!

Oh... and they should be embarrassed. I am fucking embarrassed that white people participated in slave trading in the past even though I know nobody in my direct time line was ever able to afford one.

http://www.hsclan.co.nr

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

I personally am not embarrassed of anything that happened before my birth, considering that I had nothing to do with it and it's 100% in the past.

No point in crying over spilled milk, or at least that's what we're taught as children, doesn't seem to happen in the real world tho..

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

@Merk: my grandfather was forced to fight, he was caught hiding refugees and was given a decision of "fight or lose it all", he didn't believe in following a political power that knowingly committed mass murder.

but to stay on topic, i'm not saying he completely doesn't deserve to be convicted, i'm saying a prison sentence wouldn't be good enough, he's an old man.

but those who were simple low-class pawns of the Third Reich aren't all important, as far as i know, a portion of the front-line military force that fought for Nazi Germany were motivated by the love of their country, and were only following orders. of course that's just my way of looking at it, it may be true, and it may not. I'm only saying they're not important, not that they're innocent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]