You are not connected. Please login or register

E 74 Error Xbox | Scaler Chip

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 E 74 Error Xbox | Scaler Chip on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:06 pm

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
So recently got home from work turned on the Xbox and got a hardware failure.

Any advice on fixing this? I mean if I have to buy a new one I am still trying to fix it. Plus it is an Xbox Elite so I rather not shell out money that I don't need to, especially since I need to save to move out.

Smokey I know you have experience with the Xbox ring so let me know if you can help out or not.

2 Re: E 74 Error Xbox | Scaler Chip on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:54 pm

maX!ma

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
you got the red ring of death?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

*pWp*T@D - people should know by now... pwp is like a "gang". Fuck with someone in our forums... and you get it back.
http://www.pwpclan.org

3 Re: E 74 Error Xbox | Scaler Chip on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 pm

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader
maX!ma wrote:you got the red ring of death?

Nah it is a Quarter Ring of Death lol. It isn't a full ring.

Like I said it is a hardware failure. The Scaler Chip disconnected from the motherboard I believe but I guess it is so small that it is hard to re-solder.

4 Re: E 74 Error Xbox | Scaler Chip on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Merky

Im here fairly often!
How old is your Xbox? If it's just under 3 years old and not been tampered with you should be entitled to a free repair from M$.

http://www.hsclan.co.nr

5 Re: E 74 Error Xbox | Scaler Chip on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:05 am

nodata

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member
virtuosity wrote:
maX!ma wrote:you got the red ring of death?

Nah it is a Quarter Ring of Death lol. It isn't a full ring.
If I remember what my cousins told me correctly, it's almost never a full ring. The varying amounts of segments mean a different type or severity of failure.

But, this is all if I remember what they said correctly.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

My job isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure it's crowded when I get there.
Death is peace.

6 Re: E 74 Error Xbox | Scaler Chip on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:17 am

Merky

Im here fairly often!

http://www.hsclan.co.nr

7 Re: E 74 Error Xbox | Scaler Chip on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:11 pm

__Smokey__

Leader
Leader
they have the e74... and the HANA chip i believe needs to be re balled / re soldered to the board.. and yes its a bitch and a half to do... best to sell the HDD from the old one and get a new one.. unless MS will repair it for u...

the RROD (3 lights) just requires u to remove the heatsinksand the X-Clamp and apply new thermal paste to them... cause MS used some cheap ass paste on them from the start..

NuckingFuts: i dont care who i frag. or who frags me. long as its legit frags all around.

8 Re: E 74 Error Xbox | Scaler Chip on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:44 pm

__Smokey__

Leader
Leader
u can do the towel trick and get it back running for a day or so... but it will not fix it completely... i done it to mine and it ran for about 2 days then back to e74...

NuckingFuts: i dont care who i frag. or who frags me. long as its legit frags all around.

9 Re: E 74 Error Xbox | Scaler Chip on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:25 pm

neko

Quake III Member
Quake III Member
and thats why i like ps3 you dont have problums like that

http://flyff.gpotato.com/

10 Re: E 74 Error Xbox | Scaler Chip on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Roachleader

I'm here way too much!
ps3 does have issues with their older consoles, ever heard of YLoD or Redscreen? it's rare though and i've never gotten one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum