*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

recording a demo! (tutorial) :)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1recording a demo! (tutorial) :) Empty recording a demo! (tutorial) :) Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:59 am

NuckingFuts

NuckingFuts
Zone Referees
Zone Referees

ok, since i did the upload to .era file uploader, i may as well also explain how to record demos too!
first, when you take a demo,you dont want the player to know your demoing them, or they catch on quick. Wink
so typing it into the console, means u may forget the /, and theyll see someones recording.
a way to avoid that, is by binding keys that arent used, to use them to bind the demo commands. i personally use,
/bind f1 g_syncronousclients 1 -
/bind f2 record (demo) demo being the name you want is recorded under, and using a name you can remember, will make it much easier to find, once its done recording.
/bind f3 g_syncronousclients 0 - this prevents the lagging, of the g_syncronousclients 1 command. Smile

now, when you want to start a demo. youll hit f1, that will enable the demo to be taken.
then f2, that will begin recording.
and last f3, to prevent lagging during the demo taking.
at the top of the screen, while taking a demo,it will say in white letters recording - (your demo name here), and have a running total of the demo size. (I.E. 655 kb) easy huh!!!
when your done taking your demo, you can then, go to your quake folder, for demos, usually the path to this is.
C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\baseq3\demos - so in the nifty little run box, in the start menu of windows, type that in, and youll be taken to your demos folder!
now, this is important,when your taking a demo of yourself.ensure that you give the g_syncronousclients 0 command,if you dont, itll lag the view,and youll usually play like i do normally (bad. I love you )
When recording another player, its very important, they dont know you are recording them.
So well use the /playerlist command in console, to find which player we'd like to record.
recording a demo! (tutorial) :) Playerlist
in the screenshot, a few yellow boxes are shown.
at the top middle, recording - demo.dm3, means its now recording, and shows the size of the file.
left hand side in the console, /playerlist, is the command for seeing the list of players. when following a player, its tough to keep clicking the mouse, and following, so i recommend, using a /bind (key you want here) folllow (playernumber).
this ensures more capturing of the players gaming, instead of wasting time on clicking through the players, and having lost demo gameplay. as you see in the console in the screenshot, i chose to demo player number 6, the left hand side, after clicking playerlist, shows the players number. i highly recommend, binding a follow key, and each time you record a different demo, youll have to rebind the follow key, as its not always the same player slot youll record.
and finally at the bottom, the /stoprecord key, that ends the demo, and saves it to your demos folder.
now, as you can see in this screenshot i took. i entered the demo commands,(f1,then f2, and finally f3.) before finding the player id like to demo,so i could demo that in the console, so you can better understand what i was doing.
i recommend the /playerlist command first, esp when you have ref abilities,and using /ref playerlist, will show everyones ip addresses, and thats not for everyone to see. now, once your demo has been finished, youll want to open the demos folder, and rename it. if you dont, every demo you take, will keep recording over the last one you took, and youll lose some, that you may have needed to keep. see this screenshot for renaming demos, its rather quite easy. find your demo, in the demos folder, and right click it, and click rename. as seen here.
recording a demo! (tutorial) :) Recording1
always remember at the end of your demo, to type in console, /stoprecord, just quitting quake, or switching servers wont end the demo, and save it. Smile
next, the text box below your demo , will be able to be edited, and renamed. now when you rename your demo, be sure that you use the players name. not vital, but will help you remember which demo is which.
so here, i renamed the name demo.dm3, and renamed it as, lol=P.dm3.
MOST IMPORTANT. When renaming a demo,after the name youd like to rename it too, you must end it in .dm3.
otherwise it wont show up as a demo, but some other file, that wont show up in your demos folder.
now that you've recorded, and saved your demo! your ready to upload it for everyone to see!!!
Next step is uploading, please see the uploading tutorial here -----> http://www.pwpclan.org/suspected-cheaters-f12/uploading-demos-at-era-site-tutorial-t2027.htm
I hoped this helped people out,and they can record their own games, its a great tool for reviewing your own games, to see where mistakes are made, and to help catch a cheater. If you have any concerns, reply here. Or hit up a ref on xfire!
Good luck, and happy recordings!!!
Razz

Last edited by NuckingFuts on Tue May 19, 2009 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total

2recording a demo! (tutorial) :) Empty Re: recording a demo! (tutorial) :) Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:24 am

mario

mario
I Just got here!

if u have ref use /ref hideref

http://wskclan.namepad.net

3recording a demo! (tutorial) :) Empty Re: recording a demo! (tutorial) :) Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:38 am

NuckingFuts

NuckingFuts
Zone Referees
Zone Referees

lol if they dont know that, thats just odd. Razz sorry mario i was finishing with the ss part of it too.and someone please move this as a sticky also. Smile

4recording a demo! (tutorial) :) Empty Re: recording a demo! (tutorial) :) Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:35 am

Politix

Politix
I Just got here!

/stick on me

5recording a demo! (tutorial) :) Empty Re: recording a demo! (tutorial) :) Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:35 pm

Rambo

Rambo
I'm here way too much!

GG Futs Smile

you finally did someting useful :p

NuckingFuts wrote:sticky

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum