*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please Help With Video Driver

+2
comprichard
trevo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Please Help With Video Driver Empty Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:59 am

trevo

trevo
I Just got here!

I reformatted my pc to Vista Home Basic, i tried to open quake but gives me this error saying:GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem. So i though "Oh i better update my videocard" i looked at my video card and it says "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" i looked on google and i couldnt find a download for it. Plz can you help me.

Here are my specs if you need them:http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3e57fc68d25d5669b94117dade8fc295e04e75f6e8ebb871

2Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:14 am

comprichard

Im here fairly often!

thats a generic driver since windows dont know what kind of hardware u got,
who makes ur pc and what model is it

3Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:27 am

trevo

trevo
I Just got here!

hp pavillion 520c

4Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:02 am

comprichard

Im here fairly often!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=70996&
read that
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07227&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=228&product=70996
and that
its a s3 savage4 vid card on board

5Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:06 am

trevo

trevo
I Just got here!

Yeah like i knew wat vid card it used to be and i dl a update for that one and i tried to install it but it said like its only compatible for 2k and xp or somin.

6Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:47 am

comprichard

Im here fairly often!

trevo wrote:Yeah like i knew wat vid card it used to be and i dl a update for that one and i tried to install it but it said like its only compatible for 2k and xp or somin.
thats right it dont work with vista

7Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:31 am

trevo

trevo
I Just got here!

So i cant play quake 3?? unless i go back to XP

8Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:55 am

comprichard

Im here fairly often!

correct unless you install a new vid card

9Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Why would you reformat your computer to windows vista?
Vista is a horrible operating system. If anything get linux or windows 7.

10Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:47 pm

Shadow

Retired
Retired

cant play .16n on linux i think, well there are ways but you have to be pretty 1337 to get that working.

yeah why the hell would you go to vista basic? lmao

get a hold of someone with an xp disc and go back

11Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:15 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Core wrote:cant play .16n on linux i think, well there are ways but you have to be pretty 1337 to get that working.

yeah why the hell would you go to vista basic? lmao

get a hold of someone with an xp disc and go back

Indeed. Also what about xandros linux Razz
I never used it but it is suppose to be similar to window users so possibly .16 but that is a guess which I doubt.

12Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:55 pm

Shadow

Retired
Retired

also, trevo try installing the xp drivers, sometimes that worked for me when i had vista and couldnt find a vista driver for whatever i needed

13Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:01 pm

beatles

beatles
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

Core wrote:also, trevo try installing the xp drivers, sometimes that worked for me when i had vista and couldnt find a vista driver for whatever i needed

i was just thinking that.

http://www.pwpclan.org

14Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:56 pm

__Smokey__

__Smokey__
Leader
Leader

im gonna help him get XP with service pack 2 today, and put it on a cd so he can format with that. he be back in the arena in no time Cool

15Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

__Smokey__ wrote:im gonna help him get XP with service pack 2 today, and put it on a cd so he can format with that. he be back in the arena in no time Cool

What about Uniblue DriverScanner? Wouldn't that update it to the right drivers?

16Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:48 pm

Shadow

Retired
Retired

uniblue... gave me malware lool

17Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:21 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Core wrote:uniblue... gave me malware lool

ROFL You must have downloaded a bad one Very Happy
Mine didn't and updated all my drivers for me.. I know I am lazy

18Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:23 pm

__Smokey__

__Smokey__
Leader
Leader

his PC wasnt designed for Vista, with just the OS installed he has less then 20Gb of Hard Drive space. i will get him a legit copy of XP.

19Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:19 pm

trevo

trevo
I Just got here!

Thx Man For iT

20Please Help With Video Driver Empty Re: Please Help With Video Driver Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:36 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

__Smokey__ wrote:his PC wasnt designed for Vista, with just the OS installed he has less then 20Gb of Hard Drive space. i will get him a legit copy of XP.

Ouch 20 GB.. EXTERNAL TIME!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum