*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

Home Brewing With T@D.

+6
TheRustySpoon
Po!son
Virtuosity
Insekz
Shadow
T@D
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Home Brewing With T@D. Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:34 am

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

I recently was able to get a beer home brewing kit super cheap.... the Deluxe kit on this page.. http://www.mrbeer.com/category-exec/category_id/181 ($24.00 at Target!)

Talking with Snipeja he came up with the idea for me to kind of chronicle the process. (it takes 2-3 weeks minimum..... may be 4-6. But, I will be opening the 1st batch on new years eve Wink )

I will add some pictures and information on the process when I can. Changes in appearance, smells, and some pics of samples.

After this batch, maybe I can get some ideas from everyone on what I should add, flavor-wise, to the next batch. This is something Ive just always had an interest in doing.

Wish me luck Smile

Last edited by T@D on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.pwpclan.org

2Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:38 am

Shadow

Retired
Retired

mail me some!

3Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:05 am

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

Try a salty flavored beer.

In other words jack off and hide the evidence. (:

4Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:07 am

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

I could see a TV show about this.

5Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:10 am

Shadow

Retired
Retired

Insekz wrote:Try a salty flavored beer.

virtuosity wrote:I could see a TV show about this.

New! Next week on Bravo!

What happens when someone has a little "me" time and decides to hide the evidence?

Find out! All we know is, one unlucky beer drinker is gonna be pissed!

6Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:11 am

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

How? many people brew their own lager.

My cousin doesn't bath so he can fill hes bath with various concoctions.

Btw; he does shower luls

7Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:10 am

Po!son

Po!son
Retired
Retired

Sorry I fell asleep during your phone call last night. I missed the ending to the story too Home Brewing With T@D. 132621 Can't wait to see your creations.

8Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:11 am

TheRustySpoon

TheRustySpoon
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

Addd mint leaves !!!
:3

9Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:23 am

Snipeja

Snipeja
I Just got here!

Home Brewing With T@D. Pwpbee10

That's what I'm talking about:) Home Brewing With T@D. 471770

10Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:27 am

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

nice nice...

11Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:56 pm

ghettoelf

ghettoelf
Retired
Retired

try an apple and maple syrup blend tad

12Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:27 am

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

Ew

13Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:13 am

Snipeja

Snipeja
I Just got here!

Shit now I want a beer:)

14Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:58 am

ghettoelf

ghettoelf
Retired
Retired

Apple and Maple are not uncommon in micro brew beers if you do your homework
Honey-Wheat is also another popular blend

15Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

Lol, you think i;'m gonna do my homework on this.. :\

16Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:39 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

I haven't kept up with this really on the forums, but Ill update what I can.

The beer was cloudy for quite a few days. Every day it was a bit different reaction wise. Some days it just looked like a keg or water, some days there was alot of bubbles on top. 2 days ago the beer cleared up. It has had a strong oder of stale/uncarbonated beer.

Today was bottling. Bottling still has to sit 7 days. The bottling process is a continuation of fermentation, but the majority of that ABV is already done. The bottling process is mainly for carbonation. I simply filled containers and added regular table sugar. The sugar will react with teh "wort" (the uncarbonated beer) and create natural carbonation.

What I got out of it was...
4- 1 liter containers.
2 - 2 liter containers.

I will be opening most of it on new years Smile

I make sure to get some pictures..

17Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:43 pm

Shadow

Retired
Retired

Shadow wrote:mail me some!

put a bottle or two in with the server lol

18Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:46 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

Opened some 12/31. Wasnt too bad. Quite sugary tasting for me though. The natural carbonation was not too bad in the warm conditioned bottles, but the cold conditioned had barely any. It still didnt taste flat... but wasnt the greatest.

I opened the last 2 liter 1/3. Was a warm conditioned bottle. The carbonation was close to perfect and it had lost alot of the sweet taste. Still has a little sugar taste to it, but not nearly as much. Tastes more "hoppy" now.

I started my 2nd batch 12/31. Same hops mixture and same yeast..... but I added maple syrup and brown sugar this time. My manual said it will increase the ABV content to about 6 but will take longer to condition. Should be ready mid feb or so.

19Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:48 pm

ghettoelf

ghettoelf
Retired
Retired

kewl T@D

20Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:48 pm

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

Insekz wrote:Try a salty flavored beer.

rofmao

21Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Three-Six-N9ne

Three-Six-N9ne
I Just got here!

T@D wrote:

What I got out of it was...
4- 1 liter containers.
2 - 2 liter containers.

I learned my math and spelling from sesame street, maybe you should stop by tad Smile

4 x 1 = 4
2 x 2 = 4
________
8 liters Smile

the count is very friendly... big bird not so much

22Home Brewing With T@D. Empty Re: Home Brewing With T@D. Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:32 pm

ghettoelf

ghettoelf
Retired
Retired

i was told Pie R Square and i know damn well Pie are Round Cornbread are square!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum