*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do hackers really care?

+8
METALLICAT
tool
Insekz
T@D
p1x3L
ghettoelf
Shadow
Virtuosity
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do hackers really care? Empty Do hackers really care? Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

So I got to thinking and decided to touch on the topic of hackers. My question is do they care? Now I know most of you are probably asking yourself what I mean, well let me explain. So basically what I am getting at is we go through all this trouble to catch hackers, we create an anti-bot to catch them, community refs/others demo people and post about the certain player which then the community reviews and comes to a decision.

Okay now the question! Once we come to a decision that the person hacks we ban them correct? BUT what I would love to know is how many hackers ACTUALLY care if they are banned from the ONE server? I mean there are thousands of other servers they can play in and hack in. Also worst case scenario they change their IP. This is where I got to thinking.. if we could some how get all noghost servers to ban the player. So when someone drops they aren't only banned on that one server but all. See what I believe is if we could somehow pull this off it will cut down on the people that hack only because they know if they drop it is on every server. Sure they can switch IP's but this is where I think it would get cool if they join a server after changing IP's the admin of the server could re-ban him BUT have a way to where they re-ban them but they have to attach the new IP to the previous one that dropped for it to ban on all the rest.

I am not quite sure if you understand what I am saying because it is hard to explain but basically have a web of servers connected so when one drops it bans on all.

If it was confusing please post what confused =]

2Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Shadow

Retired
Retired

They care enough that they continue doing it to get noticed.

Attention whores.

3Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:49 pm

ghettoelf

ghettoelf
Retired
Retired

hackers just want attention and by banning and talking about them they are getting what they want

Just my opinion

4Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:16 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

I don't believe that at all.. So you are telling me they download a hack to say hey look at me?

B.S. Why do they try to hide and deny it then?
Tag stealer's and such are the ones that want attention.

5Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:21 pm

p1x3L

I Just got here!

Every time they hack, they risk getting banned. They're willing to take that risk, so why should they care?

6Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:23 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

Unfortunately... theres people in this game that believe that the better your score is, the more respect you get.....

People who hack are looking for "instant popularity" because they also believe skill makes you important...

I can't stand people who actually believe that...

http://www.pwpclan.org

7Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Shadow

Retired
Retired

virtuosity wrote:
B.S. Why do they try to hide and deny it then?

When have you ever seen a hacker just not say anything in his topic? It's all about him (not her... if there's an actual female hacking... just lol). The more he talks, the more he sees his name pop up, the more he's talked about... The more satisfied he is.

8Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:12 am

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

They care about what people think of them.

Their mindset is such; *If I hack people will think I'm good and will be my friend.* It's pretty sad. Smile

9Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:47 am

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

p1x3L wrote:Every time they hack, they risk getting banned. They're willing to take that risk, so why should they care?
Yeah but the thing is if they hack they know they are only risking it on one or two servers not a whole web of servers. IF they knew that they would get caught and banned from every server there would not be as many hackers but the fact they know that the worst that can happen to them is get banned on a few servers. If I hacked and knew it was only a few servers I would say I.D.G.A.F. it is one server there are plenty more I can play on.

T@D wrote:Unfortunately... theres people in this game that believe that the better your score is, the more respect you get.....

People who hack are looking for "instant popularity" because they also believe skill makes you important...

I can't stand people who actually believe that...

Insekz wrote:They care about what people think of them.

Their mindset is such; *If I hack people will think I'm good and will be my friend.* It's pretty sad. Smile

Okay well not that I think about it differently yes maybe attention of people saying he is good lol.

10Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:35 am

tool

tool
Retired
Retired

Your idea is great, but impossible.

http://www.myspace.com/kaylaandme

11Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:09 am

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

tool wrote:Your idea is great, but impossible.

I doubt impossible but highly unlikely to happen. I am not sure but I was thinking that maverick could do a thing to his mod to do that.

12Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:11 am

METALLICAT

I Just got here!

For all who anwsered the question. YOU ARE NOW HACKERS. lol Seriously though, no one but a person who cheats/cheated can anwser that question. Its stupid to even attempt to anwser it.

Ask Cord, ask Brazil, ask Mexico. They can give you anwser, but not one will be 100% the same.

For what you want to do, is impossible. 100% impossible. The game is dieing anyway. We failed along time ago. Now all we have to do is pick the peices back up, use what we have, and go out on top still banning cheaters whenever/wherever possible until no one plays it anymore..

There are a handfull of servers that are actually populated on a regular basis. And most of those servers are allready ran by clans that ban cheaters collectivly. THinking about the private servers that other people own, THERE ISNT ANYONE EVER IN THEM. And the razer servers are a joke, unfortuntly there are alot of cheaters in there, but we cant do anything about it, unless they cheat in Pumpkins servers. Even one half of the creative team of Razer dropped for a cheat. So that tells you the purpose of Razer.

Well stick to our community, and they will stick to theirs. ANd if they roam in, we can ban them.

The only problem ive ran into, is TRUST. No one trusts the community refs anymore. Well no wonder, some of them have dropped themselves. Thats the only issue though, is with what we have left, learning to cooperate with eachother.

13Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:16 am

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

METALLICAT wrote:For all who anwsered the question. YOU ARE NOW HACKERS. lol Seriously though, no one but a person who cheats/cheated can anwser that question. Its stupid to even attempt to anwser it.

Ask Cord, ask Brazil, ask Mexico. They can give you anwser, but not one will be 100% the same.

For what you want to do, is impossible. 100% impossible. The game is dieing anyway. We failed along time ago. Now all we have to do is pick the peices back up, use what we have, and go out on top still banning cheaters whenever/wherever possible until no one plays it anymore..

There are a handfull of servers that are actually populated on a regular basis. And most of those servers are allready ran by clans that ban cheaters collectivly. THinking about the private servers that other people own, THERE ISNT ANYONE EVER IN THEM. And the razer servers are a joke, unfortuntly there are alot of cheaters in there, but we cant do anything about it, unless they cheat in Pumpkins servers. Even one half of the creative team of Razer dropped for a cheat. So that tells you the purpose of Razer.

Well stick to our community, and they will stick to theirs. ANd if they roam in, we can ban them.

The only problem ive ran into, is TRUST. No one trusts the community refs anymore. Well no wonder, some of them have dropped themselves. Thats the only issue though, is with what we have left, learning to cooperate with eachother.

Yeah I understand that the game is dying and all. Just was a thought.

14Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:06 am

Somehow

Somehow
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

To me, hacking is something you do when you are pissed by the game and its players. It's when you want to show up with skills when you actually lack of them. Quake 3 is an old game. Therefore, to me, they hack on purpose, and they DO care.

15Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:31 pm

ganjaholic.

ganjaholic.
I Just got here!

from experience... most hackers hack because of curiosity, and not attention

16Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Shadow

Retired
Retired

Continual use is attention. The "one and done" hackers are curious.

17Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:06 pm

Shinigami

Shinigami
I Just got here!

In my opinion they cheat cause of few reasons:
1. Curiousity
2. Easy way to win
3. Thinking: "yea I'm 1st on server and now they will respect and admire me like pros"
4. Own good players w/o training and then talk (proud of self) "I owned pro after 2 days of playing"

18Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Somehow

Somehow
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

SHINI YOU BAD AND NASTY GIRL.

19Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:14 pm

ganjaholic.

ganjaholic.
I Just got here!

METALLICAT wrote:For all who anwsered the question. YOU ARE NOW HACKERS. lol Seriously though, no one but a person who cheats/cheated can anwser that question. Its stupid to even attempt to anwser it.

what abut my answer

20Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:18 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

AzzClown wrote:from experience... most hackers hack because of curiosity, and not attention

Wrong. I used a hack out of curiosity.. not against anyone in a public server but against a bunch of bots in my server. If they did it for curiosity then why don't they stop once they experienced it?

21Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:31 am

Shinigami

Shinigami
I Just got here!

Somehow wrote:SHINI YOU BAD AND NASTY GIRL.
Do hackers really care? 125135 I know you read it in my sig kekeke Do hackers really care? 309892

*where is ribbit ribbit guy named ribbit ribbit Frog?

22Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

He moved into his gf's from my house a few weeks ago. I don't think she knows he plays video games.... not sure.

http://www.pwpclan.org

23Do hackers really care? Empty Re: Do hackers really care? Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:26 pm

L1fe

L1fe
I Just got here!

Hackers care I mean as far as someone could care about a video game :>

I cared about my reputation, but I dropped and it kind of pulled me into a spiral hole
I practiced a lot I got pretty decent and I joined a nice decent clan, but because I hacked before no one respected me and called me hacker all the time and after a while I just felt like
you know what? fuck it. If they think I hack I might as well just hack. I got away with it almost clean away with it, but I realized my error (and how sad it all was) and I tried to bring to light that having friends + hacks enabled me to keep hacking.

I truly believe not everyone has the capability to hack
and that hackers are more likely to hack due to a certain type of personality.
Which explains repeat offenses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum