*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worlds tallest tower in Dubai

+5
Roachleader
Merky
beatles
tool
Virtuosity
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:54 am

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Dubai: Amidst dancing fountains and fireworks, the world's tallest building was unveiled here on Monday night. Amidst tight security, the cream of Dubai was there to celebrate the event which many consider as a bold feat on the world stage despite the city state's shaky financial footing.

Worlds tallest tower in Dubai 40D3557C9590754B5AB13E85

But the final height of the Burj Dubai -- Arabic for Dubai Tower -- is still a closely guarded secret. At more than 800 meters, it long ago vanquished its nearest rival, the Taipei 101 in Taiwan.

The Burj's record-seeking developers didn't stop there.

The building boasts the most stories and highest occupied floor of any building in the world, and ranks as the world's tallest structure, beating out a television mast in North Dakota. Its observation deck -- on floor 124 -- also sets a record.

"We weren't sure how high we could go," said Bill Baker, the building's structural engineer, who is in Dubai for the inauguration. "It was kind of an exploration. ... A learning experience."

Baker, of Chicago-based architecture and engineering firm Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, said early designs for the Burj had it edging out the world's previous record-holder, the Taipei 101, by about 10 metres. The Taiwan tower rises 508 metres.

The Burj's developer, Emaar Properties, kept pushing the design higher even after construction began, putting it about 300 metres taller than its nearest competitor, Baker said. He is keeping quiet about the exact height.

2Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Re: Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:10 am

tool

tool
Retired
Retired

Ah yes. The people are starving, the budget is tight, the government is screwing over other countries...LET'S BUILD A TOWER! Kinda sounds like someone else we know...the good ol' U.S.A.

http://www.myspace.com/kaylaandme

3Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Re: Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:45 am

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Ehh but that is a beautiful building Razz

4Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Re: Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:50 am

beatles

beatles
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

yeah it is. it's huge.

http://www.pwpclan.org

5Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Re: Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:19 pm

tool

tool
Retired
Retired

X wrote:yeah it is. it's huge.

Win.

http://www.myspace.com/kaylaandme

6Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Re: Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:04 pm

Merky

Merky
Im here fairly often!

fuck
that

lol id be shitting my self if i was in that all the time its like a big old bullseye target asking to be blown up by terrorists Razz

http://www.hsclan.co.nr

7Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Re: Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:50 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Hey 9/11 was the governments fault. Also I agree, imagine building it!?!?! Fuck that shit lol.

8Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Re: Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

tool wrote:Ah yes. The people are starving, the budget is tight, the government is screwing over other countries...LET'S BUILD A TOWER! Kinda sounds like someone else we know...the good ol' U.S.A.

of course pick on the empire state building Very Happy

it'd be gr8 to throw a penny off that bitch in dubai tho :o

9Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Re: Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:14 pm

TheRustySpoon

TheRustySpoon
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

virtuosity wrote:Hey 9/11 was the governments fault. Also I agree, imagine building it!?!?! Fuck that shit lol.

Lol @ the workers installing windows on the top floor...

"dont look down dont look down... *peeks* ...ah shit"

10Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Re: Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:37 pm

pronst4r

I Just got here!

TheRustySpoon wrote:
virtuosity wrote:Hey 9/11 was the governments fault. Also I agree, imagine building it!?!?! Fuck that shit lol.

Lmao! I would shit myself if I had to go up that high...fuck that. Didn't they end up closing the building already though? I heard that on the news I thought...maybe I'm wrong.

11Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Re: Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 pm

Three-Six-N9ne

Three-Six-N9ne
I Just got here!

i heard Dubai's got the worlds biggest and most expensive hotel aswell, along with the two of the worlds largest malls... go big or go home i guess

12Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Re: Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:36 am

TheRustySpoon

TheRustySpoon
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

:3 dubai is building up tourism industry when its main industry, oil, fails!

:3 nevertheless they are awesome! I am actually looking to work there when im done school :3!

13Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Re: Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:40 am

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

pronst4r wrote:
TheRustySpoon wrote:

Lmao! I would shit myself if I had to go up that high...fuck that. Didn't they end up closing the building already though? I heard that on the news I thought...maybe I'm wrong.

I don't see why they would.. but who cleans the windows? ROFL!

Isn't Dubai known for earthquakes as well?

14Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Re: Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:06 am

eXcel

I Just got here!

well oil is gonna end sometime Smile

15Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Empty Re: Worlds tallest tower in Dubai Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:14 am

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

Merky wrote:fuck
that

lol id be shitting my self if i was in that all the time its like a big old bullseye target asking to be blown up by terrorists Razz

LMFAO you'd be shitting yourself if you got on a plane and some guy stood up and walked toward the front...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]