*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help please :]

+3
Roachleader
Shinigami
Virtuosity
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help please :] Empty Help please :] Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:13 am

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Alright so as of right now my laptop has NO operating system. I have my Windows 7 Upgrade Media CD which I put in my PC and rebooted. I ran the setup on boot up and went through the whole Windows 7 installer, at one point which I formated my HD. It formated my drive then went to install and failed multiple of times. I can't find my Windows Vista 64bit CD and so I tried to install Windows XP SP3 which I believe is 32bit but it failed and said the install was closed so that it wouldn't harm my computer or whatever. So as of right now I am screwed and I wanted to know if I could some how get the Windows 7 Upgrade CD to install Windows 7?

EDIT: When I boot up from the Windows XP SP3 CD it says the following

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or had drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

2Help please :] Empty Re: Help please :] Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:12 pm

Shinigami

Shinigami
I Just got here!

Windows 7 is just Vista + new or changed files.
So your Windows 7 Upgrade Media CD it's some kind of update for Vista.

It wont update from Xp cause systems are different.
It's like trying to install Q3 point realease 1.16n on Q2

3Help please :] Empty Re: Help please :] Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:18 pm

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

virtuosity wrote:
EDIT: When I boot up from the Windows XP SP3 CD it says the following

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or had drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

thats basically a different version of windows 98's blue screen of death :S that sucks yo. i couldnt find a way to fix my old comp when i had that same error. i had to buy a new HDD

4Help please :] Empty Re: Help please :] Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:21 pm

__Smokey__

__Smokey__
Leader
Leader

Virt check pm. You good to go if u follow what i said. Wink

5Help please :] Empty Re: Help please :] Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:47 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Well installing windows 7 Smile

Thanks smokey.

6Help please :] Empty Re: Help please :] Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:54 pm

Three-Six-N9ne

Three-Six-N9ne
I Just got here!

is it hacks or something? why didnt you share Sad

7Help please :] Empty Re: Help please :] Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:07 am

tool

tool
Retired
Retired

Windows XP is way better..

http://www.myspace.com/kaylaandme

8Help please :] Empty Re: Help please :] Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:34 am

__Smokey__

__Smokey__
Leader
Leader

tool wrote:Windows XP is way better..

only cause your pc is shit.. LOL Just kidding man Razz

9Help please :] Empty Re: Help please :] Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:04 am

tool

tool
Retired
Retired

Nah, it's just a better built software. Windows Vista and 7 has wayyyy too many problems they didn't care to fix or cooperate with other programs. XP SP2 works with anything and everything, just not as sexy.

http://www.myspace.com/kaylaandme

10Help please :] Empty Re: Help please :] Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:14 am

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

tool wrote:Nah, it's just a better built software. Windows Vista and 7 has wayyyy too many problems they didn't care to fix or cooperate with other programs. XP SP2 works with anything and everything, just not as sexy.

Sorry to hear you have problems with Windows 7. I only had like 1 or 2 problems Razz

11Help please :] Empty Re: Help please :] Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:40 pm

Sync

Sync
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

virtuosity wrote:
tool wrote:Nah, it's just a better built software. Windows Vista and 7 has wayyyy too many problems they didn't care to fix or cooperate with other programs. XP SP2 works with anything and everything, just not as sexy.

Sorry to hear you have problems with Windows 7. I only had like 1 or 2 problems Razz

I've no problems so far. =( no fair, I want some too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum