*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

Weird config glitch?

+3
tool
__Smokey__
Insekz
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Weird config glitch? Empty Weird config glitch? Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

When I start quake from quake3.exe or xfire, and join a server, it always has r_mapoverbrightbits on "2", I like it set to 1 as it gives me a darker map and enemies stand out like crazy.

If i do /set r_mapoverbrights "1" /vid_restart, it gives me the look i want, then next time i start up quake, it's back to 2 again, I made an autoexec.cfg with mapoverbrightbits set to 1 and it still goes to 2.

When I open my q3config.cfg in wordpad/notepad, ctrl+f and search "mapover" it tells me it's not found, if I type it in, next time I open quake, it's still on 2.

I'm confused as to why this would possibly happen, and it's a pain having to type it in and /vid_restart everytime i want to play. >.<

Any ideas?

2Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:44 pm

__Smokey__

__Smokey__
Leader
Leader

that is weird... an autoexec hasnt been known not to load... the q3confg file may be read-only and when the autoexec goes to write it on loading q3 it fails and u have to do it all over... ur on vista arent u?

3Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:23 am

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

XP, and it's not read only.

4Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:25 am

tool

tool
Retired
Retired

/bind F3 r_mapoverbrightbits 1
/bind F4 vid_restart

Press 2 buttons and it's an easy fix.

http://www.myspace.com/kaylaandme

5Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:26 am

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

Well since then I did make a script/config

with r_mapoverbrightbits "1"
vid_restart

But it sometimes glitches my models, puts me and my team mates as keels. I would rather fix the initial problem rathe then having to viod_restart everytime before I play :\

Plus my function keys are in use. Smile

6Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:34 am

tool

tool
Retired
Retired

Maybe it just hates you. After all, you are Australian.

7Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:54 am

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

True. because lag isn't enough.

8Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Somehow

Somehow
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

Nothing is enough against australians

9Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:05 pm

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

tool wrote:Maybe it just hates you. After all, you are Australian.
indeed he is. maybe quit q3 and leave us alone? problem solved Smile

10Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

I'm pretty sure more people want you gone man. Wait does anybody actually want you here?

And what do you mean "leave us alone."

Pretty sure you're the only one I hang shit on.

11Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Three-Six-N9ne

Three-Six-N9ne
I Just got here!

its roaches new persona

this time he is a cocky know it all teacher who saved a bus full of kids from a burning bus while auditioning for a part in a stalone movie...

he didnt get the part, he was too good and would have shown up mister sylvester but he remains loved by all of his adoring fans here in the quake community.

12Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

Ah, that explains a lot, how old is he this time? because it's not everyday you see a 17 year old have a wife, a drug and alcohol problem, and an F1 Mclaren

13Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Three-Six-N9ne

Three-Six-N9ne
I Just got here!

hrm well i think his father was half sea turtle so hes getting pretty old now...

his 115th is coming up shortly but hes still going to be competing in the summer olympics from what ive been hearing

14Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

Nice.

15Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

lol tsn. that made very little sense. (as always.)

and insekz, will you just drop it. jeez youre more immature than most of those 7 year old hackers on rAz3r server.

ive even seen a braindead idiot act more mature than you. at least he can keep the food in his mouth and out of his clothes.

and @ TSN again. wow, even less sense-making in that one man.

16Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

Huh, talking about making sense, why don't you give it a try?

Hey that's no way to bag out your hacking friends on rAz3r server.

17Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Three-Six-N9ne

Three-Six-N9ne
I Just got here!

im fucking high

18Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

Insekz wrote:

hahahahahhahaha...... you made me laugh. MY friends??? lol those guys are probably ALL older than you by the way you treat people. at least most of those hackers have a thing called "decency" and know what "soap and water". your ass is practically killing quake with this unbearable stench that even seems to travel through the intenet like a computer virus.

19Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:49 pm

Three-Six-N9ne

Three-Six-N9ne
I Just got here!

now that didnt make sence

20Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:56 pm

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

Roachleader wrote:
Insekz wrote:

hahahahahhahaha...... you made me laugh. MY friends??? lol those guys are probably ALL older than you by the way you treat people. at least most of those hackers have a thing called "decency" and know what "soap and water". your ass is practically killing quake with this unbearable stench that even seems to travel through the intenet like a computer virus.

"treat people." you have it in your head that I shit talk everybody with no was of stopping me. No I treat people how they deserve to be treated. Again, I only talk to you like garbage, because that's what you are. Stop trying to make it sound like everyone is at my mercy, lol.

And I'm sorry if you go around smelling asses, that's not my thing, but if it's yours, then so be it.

21Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:02 pm

Three-Six-N9ne

Three-Six-N9ne
I Just got here!

bow down

22Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:16 pm

tool

tool
Retired
Retired

Can't we all just agree that Maxwell Ping is a rare specimen? It's not often that a dead cop returns from the dead and kills himself after his wife leaves him (probably from the lack of sex, since zombies aren't speedy or comfortable) and his spiraling alcohol/drug addiction.

23Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

I guess you do have a rather valid point.

24Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

tool wrote:Can't we all just agree that Maxwell Ping is a rare specimen? It's not often that a dead cop returns from the dead and kills himself after his wife leaves him (probably from the lack of sex, since zombies aren't speedy or comfortable) and his spiraling alcohol/drug addiction.

heh, good point. except thats not my name. lmfao. i even stated that in the "RIP" topic. lol. would make more sense if you added the fact that i was a zombie without a craving for flesh. its more like a craving for JUNK FOOD. (sorry. had to make that comment xD) but really. im done arguing. im gonna be the mature one and stop before it goes out of control.

k if you have to keep raving on about "fag this" and "ghost that" im just gonn let it go. whats done is done, whats gone is gone, dude. i know i made huge mistakes in the past. i know i should have been straightforward with you guys from the beginning. but i was afraid of what people would think of a 9 year old playing First person Shooters.... now that i think about it. most of the quake communtiy is filled with nice people. i just didnt think i fit the bill. instead of lying to you guys all these years. if i had chosen to be truthful, none of this crap would have happened.

if anyone needs me. this is my last post for the night. i have to get back to work on my programming project. im setting rAz3r aside because i am missing a certain helping hand...... who happened to get picked to go on a church trip to canada for 2 weeks :S so for now i will be picking up my unfinished VB Multitasker (calculator, voice recorder, local ip finder, and some other cool stuff built in)

im thinking of naming this certain project after two old names i used on a diffrent online game that i quit. "VeXXoN's Devil-Tasker"

never know wether ill finish it or not. i gues we'll find out when its done :S

i abandoned the project because i thought i would devote some more time to learning C++ to make modifications to--- and to create q3 mods.

well, thanks for reading..... if you didnt skip it :o

sorry, that was a bit long-winded xD well, im done typing for the night. my right hand is swollen to hell and purple so i'm typing with one hand. dont ask why my hand is fucked, its really embarassing.... and no... its not masturbation (to all you queers who would think that...) i can barely play quake now lol.

got Adult Education classes for my eqivalency diploma tomorrow EARLY so cant stay on 2 late.

pz and good night.... (night here at least)

25Weird config glitch? Empty Re: Weird config glitch? Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Three-Six-N9ne

Three-Six-N9ne
I Just got here!

so youre having a config glitch eh?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum