*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

T@D's Fantasy Football Team

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1T@D's Fantasy Football Team Empty T@D's Fantasy Football Team Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:33 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

I guess it's kind of late to post in a way....but might as well. Here is my current team in a NFL FF league and the standings as of last week.

T@D's Fantasy Football Team Ffbteam

T@D's Fantasy Football Team Ffbstats1

http://www.pwpclan.org

2T@D's Fantasy Football Team Empty Re: T@D's Fantasy Football Team Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:58 am

maX!ma

maX!ma
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

you went wrong with willis mcgahee trololol ;D

3T@D's Fantasy Football Team Empty Re: T@D's Fantasy Football Team Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:40 am

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

Not in the least. I only picked him up because Bradshaw is hurt and Green-elis was as well. I have only played him 2 times. First was week 9 and he got 28.30 points, the weeks top RB, then this past week I played him... 11.70 points. I don't plan on using him much accept against a bad rush defense, but when I used him, hes paid off fairly well. Smile

4T@D's Fantasy Football Team Empty Re: T@D's Fantasy Football Team Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:17 am

maX!ma

maX!ma
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

nice Surprised

5T@D's Fantasy Football Team Empty Re: T@D's Fantasy Football Team Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Meh he is an okay pick. I am sure Michael Bush is already taken but if he wasn't he is a good pick up until McFadden comes back which will probably be in another 2-3 games.

Seabass (Kicker for Raiders) has been lights out for me, got me almost 30 points this week.

6T@D's Fantasy Football Team Empty Re: T@D's Fantasy Football Team Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:31 am

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

Yap, I went against Janikowski this week......got me for 19. I lost this week. I was up 11 before tonight....but he had Jimmy Graham. 20.40 with him.

He seems to be the only person Brees targets....

7T@D's Fantasy Football Team Empty Re: T@D's Fantasy Football Team Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:17 am

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

I wonder if Google can translate all that..

I've never understood fantasy football, if that's not clear by now. :p

8T@D's Fantasy Football Team Empty Re: T@D's Fantasy Football Team Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:15 am

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Based upon players performances you get points, you get a team of players (from around the league) and form what you would call a Fantasy team. You add up all the points the players got and who ever has the higher total wins that weeks match up.

ANYWAYS whatever works Jeff Smile

DB seems to be throwing up crazy numbers week and out.

9T@D's Fantasy Football Team Empty Re: T@D's Fantasy Football Team Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:07 am

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

So far this week with 1 game left, Im up 91.92 - 76.96.

Hes got Gates (TE SD) playing tonight and I have Mathews (RB SD).

I should coast through with an easy win.

Here is my game so far this week:

T@D's Fantasy Football Team Ffweek13

And Data, I'll make it easy to understand. You make/join a league on a site that hosts FF. I use nfl.com, but there is tons out there. At the beginning of the regular season, the members in your league (typically 4-12 people.....mine is 10) have a draft. Just like any type of sporting draft. You alternate picking players to create your team. No team can have the same players on it. Once someone is picked, the person "owns" them. The draft is always "live" so you need to watch when your league has the date and time of your draft so you can be online, on hte site, and make your picks. Alternatively, if you can't be there....you can "pre pick" the players you want. The site will remove them from your list as they are picked by other people and automatically pick from players you want that are available when it is your turn. What I did was pick my "starters" live, then let the site automatically pick the rest of my team....since I was not really into football the past few years. The good thing is the site "rates" every player (also have extensive stat sheets and info of previous years as well as the years predictions on how they will do)....so you don't have to really "know" players. You can pick players due to their ranks in the nfl. All leagues have different settings or can, but mine is fairly standard. You pick a total of 15 people. 9 people start each week, 6 are benched (benched players do not add to your weekly score. You have to play certain positions that are set for everyone every week. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 kicker, 1 defense, and 1 option position that you can pick either a RB or WR. Your bench can consist of as many or lack of any of those positions. SO in theory, I could have 6 QB on my bench is I want....but every week I can only play 1, and having no back ups for other positions for bye weeks/injuries wouldn't be good. You try to have just like a regular sporting team, second string backups. Each week your starting team plays the starting team of someone else in your league. Who ever scores the most, wins. Then you move on to the next week. My league plays weeks 1-14, then the top 4 play week 15 as a playoff game, the 2 winning teams from that play week 16 for the championship. That decides the winner.

Some people understand football really well and suck at it, some people don't care about football and do great. You may start the season with amazing players and they have a bad season or get hurt.....it can be a crap shoot. It is interesting at times, especially when it comes to injuries and bye weeks. You have to pay attention who is doing good and who they are playing to make your best guesses on who you should start. I had a rough week a while back because I had 3 RB on the same bye week, so I had to scramble to find replacements.....and had to drop players I wanted, to fill holes. If you have a player on a bye or injured and dont remove them as a starter, you get 0 points for them that week. Depending on your opponents team, they may break you for the week. Sometimes you need your bench and have no room to replace anyone. Most teams have 1 kicker and no back-up, same with defence. So, they just get a 0 for that position for that week. It's up to you how you handle bye weeks.

Here is the scoring for my particular league:

Starting Roster Positions & Roster Limits
Quarterback:1
Running Back:2
Wide Receiver:2
Tight End:1
Wide Receiver / Running Back:1
Kicker:1
Defensive Team:1
Bench:6
Scoring Settings
Offense
Passing Yards:1 point per 25 yards
Passing Touchdowns:4 points
Interceptions Thrown:-2 points
Rushing Yards:1 point per 10 yards
Rushing Touchdowns:6 points
Receiving Yards:1 point per 10 yards
Receiving Touchdowns:6 points
Fumble Recovered for TD:6 points
Fumbles Lost:-2 points
2-Point Conversions:2 points
Kicking
PAT Made:1 point
FG Made 0-19:3 points
FG Made 20-29:3 points
FG Made 30-39:3 points
FG Made 40-49:3 points
FG Made 50+:5 points
Defense / Special Teams
Sacks:1 point
Interceptions:2 points
Fumbles Recovered:2 points
Safeties:2 points
Touchdowns:6 points
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns:6 points
Points Allowed 0:10 points
Points Allowed 1-6:7 points
Points Allowed 7-13:4 points
Points Allowed 14-20:1 point
Points Allowed 21-27:0 points
Points Allowed 28-34:-1 point
Points Allowed 35+:-4 points

The site automatically scores for you....so you just update your roster if you feel you need to.

Last edited by T@D on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:43 am; edited 10 times in total

10T@D's Fantasy Football Team Empty Re: T@D's Fantasy Football Team Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 am

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

To add. As I said, there are varieties out there. Some leagues are more extensive in their positions used, some have different points for things......You can pick what ever you want. Mine being ran and hosted by nfl.com, they just use standard settings. But, if someone creates a league, they can customize it. There is also wavers and trades. So if you have someone who is doing bad, you don't want them, are injured....you have 3 options. Keep them, drop them and pick up someone that no team is using (there are easy to check lists of all "free agents" by position, scores so far this year, and rankings) or trade them with another person in your league for someone they have. As in real life, you would offer the trade to them with who you want to give up for who you want on their team.....and they have to agree. If they don't agree, the trade doesn't happen. Sometimes they counter trade different people, sometimes they just deny and thats it.

On the nfl site, they try and keep it fair. There are a small handful of players that can not be dropped (unless injured for the season) and not be traded since they are rated high and are large point scorers. That way people don't stack teams with all the best players.

I wasn't into football much the past few years, but when you play FF, if you enjoy football, the game take on a different meaning. You may root for your home team typically.....but maybe you don't have players on your FF team that are on your home team......and maybe you have players in a game playing against them. You tend to pay attention to more games and more players since every week, almost every game being played effects you. Either you have someone playing, or your opponent does in every weeks match ups.

During the games, you log into your FF page, and most sites do real time updates of points for players, live. You you can see who is doing what, when. Or you can watch a game live of a player you have and "see" them score on the field points that transfer to your FF team. Example: I have Stafford, the QB for the lions. I want the lions to win every game no matter what. But if he throws an interception, and the lions still win.....no one else cares. I do because it cost me 2 points. Or watching him throw a touchdown to me is points for the team but also my FF team as opposed to them rushing a TD where my FF team gets no points, I root for specific things. It means nothing if your players "win" their game. It matters how many FF points they get. It makes it interesting.

You can update your roster and starting line as often as you want during the week, and can do so up to the time a players starts a game. In theory, even if the week starts with a thursday game, and I have 2 QB playing on monday night....I can wait till before the game to sub who ever I want in for that position. But once a starter on your team starts a live game, you are stuck with him for that week. Some times people get injured in games and you get screwed, some times they are not announced they wont play a game due to injury until the game starts, sometimes you have a person in who sucks every week but has an amazing fluke week. It's almost like gambling.

Again, you can get into it deeply and have fun, like me because I'm a stat whore..... or you can just pick a team and hope.

11T@D's Fantasy Football Team Empty Re: T@D's Fantasy Football Team Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:05 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

Well, my season is over:

kdogg50
10-4-0 .714 W2 10 1,352.22 1,271.94
2+1
samrita
8-6-0 .571 W1 9 1,365.34 1,356.68
3-1
karmageddon
8-6-0 .571 L2 8 1,348.28 1,209.56
4+2
gmen0708
8-6-0 .571 W3 7 1,326.26 1,205.96
The Drunken Irish
8-6-0 .571 W2 6 1,298.82 1,235.02
6-2
supermex93
7-7-0 .500 L2 5 1,272.00 1,329.58
7+1
jmacv1
6-8-0 .429 L2 4 1,337.12 1,348.50
8-1
stlfinfan
6-8-0 .429 L1 3 1,325.86 1,294.14
prissanner
5-9-0 .357 W1 2 1,140.58 1,340.90
tn2011
4-10-0 .286 L1 1 1,134.86 1,309.06
* Rank change shown is from week 13 - 14

Ended up technically tied for 2nd place, but finished in 5th by points for (the 1st large number). Top 4 made the playoffs. I lost 4th place by under 30 points. Sux.

Ah well, was fun though. I look forward for next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum