*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Hero

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Hero Empty My Hero Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:26 am

Shadow

Retired
Retired

Well, I think it's time for me to share this little story with you. It starts 7 years ago, mid May.

School was drawing to a close. I was at my Dad's house for the weekend, because my parents having been separate since I was 3, shared me like that. I hadn't seen him for 3 weekends in a row, or I would have stayed because my cousin Harry had asked me if I wanted to go ride dirt bikes with him and his friends, something I hadn't done with him yet.

I sat in my room, watching television as usual, when I hear my father's phone ring... At 1:20 am. Promptly I go out into the living room to see what is going on. I hear my step-fathers deep voice on the phone. Immediately I knew something was wrong. My father handed the phone to me, and I immediately began to sob. He was at St. Mary's hospital in Duluth. My cousin had jumped a ditch, and as he was landing, his front tire hit a rock. The dirt bike went end over end and landed on his arm. He was scissored and broke his lower back, bruising his spinal cord.

The next day, my dad meets my mom halfway so I can go to the hospital to see my cousin. We arrive and enter the room. I see my hero laying in the hospital bed, sedated by medication. Arm in sling and back raised off the bed to prevent swelling. Even medicated, he knew we had entered the room. He opened his eyes and looked at me. I could tell he wanted to speak but couldn't utter any words. We sat in silence for around 5 minutes. Everyone in the room crying. However, 2 months later, he was out of the hospital and about. He made good recovery but was diagnosed as a paraplegic.

Now, after having graduating performance and tuning school in Houston, he lives by himself, 100% independent in California. He works in a custom turbo shop, where his job, his dream job, as he put it to me, "I make things go fast.". He is one of the VERY few paraplegics to have feeling in his legs, he can make them shake a little, and everyone that knows him thinks that if he can get stem cell surgery (he is on the federal list, near the top), he will be able to walk again.

I didn't do a very good job in writing this, it was just a quick collection of events that I think people should know. All I can say to convey what kind of person he is. Well, he is my Hero, he is my Idol. And he is my inspiration to wake up in the morning. I can't describe his personality and attitude in text. He may be in a wheelchair but he is as un-handicapped as anyone with his condition can be. And I dare you to find anyone as smart, strong, and kind of a human being as he is.

p.s. I didn't make it to the second line without crying, ugh!
p.p.s. I'm tired as fuck and apologize if this wasn't very motivating, I'm not the best writer at this time in the morning.

Any negative comments will be flamed with a burning passion from the bottom of my heart.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum