*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestions for a CA nub

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Suggestions for a CA nub Empty Suggestions for a CA nub Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:58 am

ReAper

ReAper
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

I'm really trying to expand my horizons in quake live and I'd like to get into CA but it seems like whenever I enter a game I'm surrounded by 2 or 3 enemies during spawn.

Even when I sprint to evade them they usually just follow me lol...

This is partly why I haven't really played much CA at this point. The best thing I can think to do to avoid such situations other than not playing CA is to stick to small servers with only 4 or 5 other people.

Anyways..

For an a/w nub such as myself what would be a suggestion to "ease myself into the gametype". Should I just stick to rl and lg for starters and try to get fancier at later times or what? It seems like everyone only uses those weapons anyway half the time based on my short experience in CA games.

2Suggestions for a CA nub Empty Re: Suggestions for a CA nub Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:59 am

Clip_

Clip_
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

Well you're in luck because it just so happens that I'm a CA expert of sorts.

When you spawn you need to run to where you see the most yellow arrows, which are your teammates. Always try to stick near at least one teammate. Also, stick to rl for close encounters and rg for long distance. That's all you really need. You can use lg when you and a teammate are double teaming an enemy or if your opponent is low, but other than that you don't really need it.

Like I said, if you know an enemy is low, lg and sg are the best weapons for that. You probably know this but you can tell if they're low by the whining noise that they make when you hit them or when they jump.

Hope this helps.

3Suggestions for a CA nub Empty Re: Suggestions for a CA nub Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:16 am

Alystero

Alystero
I Just got here!

Clip_ pretty much explained what you need to do.. but when encounter that situation and you cant get to a teamate.. i suggest that you learn to use the rocket launcher jump thing.. when you shoot the ground.. its faster then sprinting and alot of people cant follow you very well

4Suggestions for a CA nub Empty Re: Suggestions for a CA nub Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:16 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

Clip_ wrote:

When you spawn you need to run to where you see the most yellow arrows, which are your teammates. Always try to stick near at least one teammate.

That's the best advice. Thats basically all you can do. They will give chase until they see more of you.

Also, I play all defense in CA. Since the enemies can not recharge health in any way, I prefer to shoot and run. Sometimes you come across players that are aggressive, those are the easiest to kill. They chase you, you can dump some shots behind you and usually get hits.... while you are still running away because you will know where they are at all times. Also a trick I use in DM6, which is played a lot, (but also works on other maps as well) is try and get your team to meet somewhere. If you know the map well, you will see that teh enemies will congregate to where your team is. Giving you a chance to flank. It usually only takes 2 rounds to figure out what type of enemies you are playing. If they are sticking together in random areas or are meeting in a specific place. Knowing those 2 things is important.

But what clip said is right. And remember, every hit causes permanent damage. So there is no reason to chase unless you are sure they are low and alone. Always try and defensively use surprise attacks and use cover to keep your HP up. Nade spam and rockets, at times, can be very useful for an aggressive enemy.

http://www.pwpclan.org

5Suggestions for a CA nub Empty Re: Suggestions for a CA nub Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Alystero

Alystero
I Just got here!

ok i tend to want to ask... how are u doin in ca now Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum