*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

When will you take a stand?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1When will you take a stand? Empty When will you take a stand? Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Slaver

Slaver
I Just got here!

If Nazis or other fascists took over North America, what would we all do? What would we all do if they implemented Mussolini’s definition of fascism: “Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power”? And what would we do if they then instituted laws allowing them to put a significant portion—say one-third—of all Jewish males between the ages of eighteen and thirty-five into concentration camps? What if this occupied country called itself a democracy, but most everyone understood elections to be shams, with citizens allowed to choose between different wings of the same Fascist (or, following Mussolini, Corporate) party? What if anti-government activity was opposed by storm troopers and secret police? Would you fight back? If there already existed a resistance movement, would you join it? Substitute the word African-American for Jewish and ask yourself the same questions.

Now, would you resist if the fascists irradiated the countryside, poisoned food supplies, made rivers unfit for swimming (and so filthy you wouldn’t even dream of drinking from them anymore)? What if they did this because… . Hell, I can’t finish that sentence because no matter how I try I can’t come up with a motivation good enough even for fascists to irradiate and toxify the landscape and water supplies. If fascists systematically deforested the continent, would you join an underground army of resistance, head to the forests, and from there to boardrooms and to the halls of the Reichstag to pick off the occupying deforesters and most especially those who give them their marching orders?

Okay, so maybe your sense of kin, and your sense of skin, doesn’t extend to the natural world. Maybe you don’t yet love the land where you live enough that you will fight for it. But what if the fascists toxify not only the landscape but the bodies of those you love? What if their actions put dioxin—one of the most toxic substances known—and dozens of other carcinogens into the flesh of your lover, children, mother, brother, sister, father? Would you then fight back? What if the fascists toxify your own body? Would you still cling to the illusion that their edicts carry more weight than that brought to bear by their secret and not-so-secret police? Would you work for this regime? Would you teach others its virtues? Or would you fight back? If you will not fight back when they toxify your own body (and toxify your mind with propaganda leading you to believe their edicts carry moral weight), when, precisely, will you fight back? Give me—and more importantly yourself—a specific threshold at which you will finally take a stand. If you can’t or won’t give that threshold, why not?

None of these questions are rhetorical. The questions are real. They are, at this point, some of the most important questions there are.

(Quote from: Derrick Jensen, Endgame)

When will you take a stand? If you can’t or won’t give that threshold, why not?

2When will you take a stand? Empty Re: When will you take a stand? Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:36 pm

maX!ma

maX!ma
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

Sorry, but this is probably wrong on my part.
But i stopped reading after
If Nazis or other fascists took over North America,

http://www.pwpclan.org

3When will you take a stand? Empty Re: When will you take a stand? Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Slaver

Slaver
I Just got here!

I recommend you take a deep breath and try again.
The first 9 words are really not enough of a base to enter to the question of this topic.

Good luck trying to read the topic

4When will you take a stand? Empty Re: When will you take a stand? Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Slaver

Slaver
I Just got here!

Correction:

answer, not "enter".

What a silly mistake.

5When will you take a stand? Empty Re: When will you take a stand? Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:08 pm

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

Alystero, read this

6When will you take a stand? Empty Re: When will you take a stand? Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:58 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

Slaver wrote: If Nazis or other fascists took over North America, what would we all do? What would we all do if they implemented Mussolini’s definition of fascism: “Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power”? And what would we do if they then instituted laws allowing them to put a significant portion—say one-third—of all Jewish males between the ages of eighteen and thirty-five into concentration camps? What if this occupied country called itself a democracy, but most everyone understood elections to be shams, with citizens allowed to choose between different wings of the same Fascist (or, following Mussolini, Corporate) party? What if anti-government activity was opposed by storm troopers and secret police? Would you fight back? If there already existed a resistance movement, would you join it? Substitute the word African-American for Jewish and ask yourself the same questions.

Now, would you resist if the fascists irradiated the countryside, poisoned food supplies, made rivers unfit for swimming (and so filthy you wouldn’t even dream of drinking from them anymore)? What if they did this because… . Hell, I can’t finish that sentence because no matter how I try I can’t come up with a motivation good enough even for fascists to irradiate and toxify the landscape and water supplies. If fascists systematically deforested the continent, would you join an underground army of resistance, head to the forests, and from there to boardrooms and to the halls of the Reichstag to pick off the occupying deforesters and most especially those who give them their marching orders?

Okay, so maybe your sense of kin, and your sense of skin, doesn’t extend to the natural world. Maybe you don’t yet love the land where you live enough that you will fight for it. But what if the fascists toxify not only the landscape but the bodies of those you love? What if their actions put dioxin—one of the most toxic substances known—and dozens of other carcinogens into the flesh of your lover, children, mother, brother, sister, father? Would you then fight back? What if the fascists toxify your own body? Would you still cling to the illusion that their edicts carry more weight than that brought to bear by their secret and not-so-secret police? Would you work for this regime? Would you teach others its virtues? Or would you fight back? If you will not fight back when they toxify your own body (and toxify your mind with propaganda leading you to believe their edicts carry moral weight), when, precisely, will you fight back? Give me—and more importantly yourself—a specific threshold at which you will finally take a stand. If you can’t or won’t give that threshold, why not?

None of these questions are rhetorical. The questions are real. They are, at this point, some of the most important questions there are.

(Quote from: Derrick Jensen, Endgame)

When will you take a stand? If you can’t or won’t give that threshold, why not?

Although you did give credit to the actual author..

http://robingoodfellow.tumblr.com/page/2

This is a word for word post from the Transcript for Government of Occupation. Although there may be good points and questions raised, this section is for YOU to post YOUR thoughts an opinions on past, current, and/or future matters.... not to just plagiarize someone else's work.

7When will you take a stand? Empty Re: When will you take a stand? Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Slaver

Slaver
I Just got here!

I did not plagiarize someone else's work... I gave him full credit.
But ok.. if you insist I`ll post a similar topic on this theme and express it in my way.
And I would appreciate if your other members would stick to the rules of this forum and not post off topic posts.

Thanks.

-Slaver

8When will you take a stand? Empty Re: When will you take a stand? Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:21 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

That is why I removed posts and left ones that stayed in guidelines...

Thanks.

-Tad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum