*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

News 3/3/12 (Updated)

+2
Roachleader
T@D
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty News 3/3/12 (Updated) Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:47 am

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

I have been working on a new format/structure for the clan. I'm hoping to have things panned out tonight so I can post after talking to a few people in private.

More to come Smile

Last edited by T@D on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.pwpclan.org

2News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

hope this isn't empty promises like the so-called "awesome new theme" Razz

3News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:18 am

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

It was an awesome idea, and after using this theme for awhile, I myself have grown used to the change as far as dark background to the white one.

4News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:21 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

It's been a busy weekend due to my sons birthday. I will post more info tomorrow..

5News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:55 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

I'm still waiting on talking to a few people to get some critique on my ideas... As soon as I can do that, I'll post...

6News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:34 am

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

Who might these people be?

7News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Changes? What might these be? And why was I not notified about it D:

8News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Turtle

Turtle
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

ooooooooooooooo i like surprise

9News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:16 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

Ok, everything has been decided...... Just have to get it typed out and posted. Also a lot of minor changes to do in the forums. This will be a process, but I will make an official post prior to the forum changes.

Give me a few days to get everything set for an easy transition. Smile

10News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:33 am

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

Estimated time of completion? :o

11News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

It shouldn't take to long, he just needs to make it clear as possible.

Some structure changes on the forum/clan which will be for the better in both of our opinions. I believe from the phone call between Jeff and I that you will get a private message before he posts it.

12News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:03 am

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

Am I going to be special and be the only one getting this PM, or is everyone getting one and I'm just gonna make myself look special ed by posting this?

13News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:32 am

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

Ok. I still have yet to get the chance to sit down and write everything out properly, but I will post some of the stuff Joe and I discussed and then people can ask questions so Joe and I can clear up anything not understood.

Starting this coming week, there will be a single "join" us thread. We will no longer have separate join sections for each game we play. If you are a pWp clan member, you are more then welcomed to wear the tags in any game you play. You are also allowed to recruit people to the site to join as well. We are not limiting ourselves to PC games either. We just ask that if you are tagged in any game and do want to branch us out, that you still use this site as our "home".

One of the biggest changes is to the q3 portion. I want to make it clear, we are not changing to a club, we are not "dying" The q3 portion, although slow, will always be a core to this clan. This is what started us. But the next change will be more of a change to the q3 portion then anything.

The only way to be consistent with the rules and keep them easy is to not have different ones for different games. So from now on, although you must "apply" to be a part of pWp, and be allowed to tag as pWp, we are dropping the q3 rule of "one clan only". As of now, we will not require anyone that is part of the pWp family to limit themselves to just 1 clan, no matter the game you play. That being said and having cleared up that we are still a clan, remember that there are some q3 clans out there that still have that rule. So keep in mind, we will not remove you from pWp for being in multiple clans, but they may remove you for being in pWp. Again, you will be joining a family as it has always been, but as far as an active clan.....we will continue to be for years to come.

The changes to the forums will take some time but will be an easy transition. We will only have 3 private sections. A members section, a retired members section, and I will continue to keep the private ref section since it has years of info and logs. The only section(s) that will see a difference is the members section. We will no longer have 1 for each game... There will just be one. The other change is the layout of the games. We will have a "games" heading. Under that heading we will have single section for each game. Inside each section will have separate sub headings for things like screenshots, news info, or what ever. So in the surface, you will just see the game name. Once you click the game name it will be like its own separate forum. This will clean up and simplify the forums but continue to keep plenty of information for each game inside its respective section. And again with the "join us", it will just be 1 section....and not game specific.

Anyone that is part of the "retired" group that would like to bue added back as an active member may request in the apply section, but will not need to go through an application process. A decision on retired members will be with in a day or 2 of the app. But understand, just being a retired member isn't assurance it will be approved. Other apps will take about 2 week or so. Depending how well we already know the app. They required app info will be changing once the new section is set to help us process things faster and accurately.

So what are the benefits of being in pWp now after the changes? I am try to make a list of things soon. There will be a lot more contests coming, you will have the ability to request and run pWp servers in games you play, and many other benefits to come.

I guess we can go to questions or concerns so we can pan out anything needed but like I said before, we are not retiring....we are not dying, we are doing what is right for us.....adapting. These decisions are coming because we believe in what we always have.... We are forever. We are family. And we are pWp, for life.

14News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:55 am

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

I wanted to add about the forums.

The games listed will be the decision of the members. Any games members want on the game list will be there as long as it is requested by at least 2 people. The people that request a game to be added will be "trial" mods of that section.... But sections will not be divided up by format. So if there is a Modern warfare 3 section, it will include pc and console sub sections inside... But the main heading will just be the game name.

So we don't end up with a huge list of games, there will be a 30 day activity rule. If a game is requested for the list, it needs to stay active. If there are no posts or considerable activity, it will be locked and moved to the vault. It will not be deleted. If it is requested at a later date, it can be reinstated and nothing will be lost. As most know in this forum, nothing is deleted.... Ever.

There will be a "suggested games" section soon and you will just need to post your request. Once someone else agrees they want the game listed as well, it will be created and the first 2 or 3 people agreeing on the request will be added as mods. If it is a cross platform game, we will try to have at lease 1 mod for each platform.

Please do not agree with a request or request a game if you do not own it. You must own the game in at least 1 platform to request or agree.

And lastly on this, games are not limited to "clan based" games. For example: minecraft. If you want a section on a non clan based game, it will be the same process. If it is clan based, we just ask that you try and promote the clan and website in game as much as you can. And any games that support server ownership will have the ability to request a pWp server for that game. The decision will be based on activity and how many requests for a server. I will make a "server request" section somewhere as well.

15News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:48 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

............. anyone?

16News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

League of Legends Smile

17News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:59 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

I still haven't had the time to update the forums..... but I do have time this week. Changes should be done by next weekend Smile

18News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:14 am

EARTH_QUAKE

EARTH_QUAKE
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

This all sounds great. I didn't realise one could be kicked for being in multiple clans. I may have already said but i am in an active clan of friends for Ql. For me i don't see pwp so much as a clan (as i have never played with or scrimmed with it) but more as a group of friends and a place for a laugh.

That all makes a lot more sense regarding the app process - multiple game app sections is long winded, confusing and pointless. If you are pwp, you are pwp...

...for life News 3/3/12  (Updated) 928301

19News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:30 am

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

Most gaming communities are set up in the mentality that you are in one, and only one, clan. Which makes sense if you think about it, considering(from my understanding) that a clan is a family of some form of wealth and/or importance. Quake 3 is the only game I've seen where "clubbing" is acceptable by the general public.

20News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:04 am

EARTH_QUAKE

EARTH_QUAKE
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

i agree totally, but the way that our clan is run makes it seem less like a hardcore Q3 scrimming super competitive clan where joining another clan would be akin to treason, and more like a cool place to have a laugh and share photos/videos. So it makes sense to allow clubbing i think

21News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:08 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Well one pWp is gaming for fun, obviously winning is great but if we don't win we don't get upset and through a fit. Two you just got here at the wrong time, we use to be super active and scrimming every day a few times a day.

22News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:25 pm

EARTH_QUAKE

EARTH_QUAKE
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

aw would have liked to see that Sad

well it wouldn't have been worth much to me, what with time difference and lag. But still, unfortunate :/

23News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

LOL if you had Q3 and was around earlier there were players all over the US that played so you probably could have played with us on a NY server.

24News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:29 pm

EARTH_QUAKE

EARTH_QUAKE
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

Evil or Very Mad

25News 3/3/12  (Updated) Empty Re: News 3/3/12 (Updated) Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:22 am

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

Indeed, there are still a couple NY servers still up, just almost never used.

Hell, there were quite a bit of players in 09/10 for me, but I've been told it was already in a decline at that point. I just came into the game too late it seems. :/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum