*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

Figured I'd Share some Knowledge. (Config stuff)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RoH

I Just got here!

I browsed throught he config post and didn't see any real information on configs just alot of posted and tweaked configs. So i figured i would go through a few basics. Mostly for fun but maybe I'll help some one out int he process. If any thing is incorrect feel free to post it in a reply.

After the body i will post my competetive exec file, I use several depending on what im int he mood for, mostly graphic tweaks( high, med, competetive.) I will be posting my competetive one.

1. All quake engines are Frame rate dependant physics, meaning the physics will react differently for you depending ont he amount of frames you are making. (This is why quake 4, the doom 3 engine, has a frame rate cap of 60 fps to prevent people from getting an unfair advantage. In Quake 3 125 seems to be the magic number. Setting your Frame rate and your max packets to 125 gives you a huge speed advantage with your strafe jumps and gives your jumps more distance. So when youf irst try this getting used to certain jump pads can be annoying. One thing more important than a high frame rate is a consistant one. You want to set your max fps to an fps your game will very rarely ever go under. The game will play much much smoother if you do not have a varying frame rate. A consistant frame rate gives you more consistant shots and more consistant strafe jumps.

2. Rates. when i originally starting looking for the correct rates mmost of them were set for much much older modems than most people use. Your rates in a nutshell pretty much determine how many packets your client allows you to send and recieve from the server, the more packets the more accurate your client represents actual server events, not counting the delay from ping. The reason some rates are set so low is due to a modem not having enough bandwidth to send and recieve that many packets quickly enough to be efficient. So rates set too high for your modem result in higher ping, packet loss, and choke which all adversly effect your game play. So if you do not have a really quick modem you might find it helpfull to lower some of your rates and lower your ping. Lag-o-meter is a good tool to fine tune your rates with.

3. Graphics. There are normally 3 types of graphic settings. Really high, really really low, and as high as you can have it and still get good frames. Normally people consider higher graphics the advantage fro being able tos ee better. This is not the case. First example being Vertex lighting. This lighting option knocks alot of the detail out of the maps which gives ever wall and floor a more uniform color rather than a texture. This coupled with r_detailedtextures 0 and a picmips of no lower than 3 ives you a huge sight advantage and makes the game run alot smoother imo. With all the textures taken out allows you to more easily focus on movement by taking out all the pretty yet destracting texures.

Thats all I have for now, I did this in about 15 minutes..so cut me some slack Razz

and here is my exec it has only graphic options EXCEPT it does have my weapon binds in it which are easy to remove if you just want to exec this and see what it looks like. Yes i do know fov and a few other things are in there twice but q3 was being mean and not working right that was the only way i could get it to do right Razz

seta cg_fov 115
seta r_mode 6
seta r_fastsky 1
seta cg_drawGun 1
seta cg_shadows 1
seta cg_brasstime 0
seta cg_drawFPS 1
seta r_allowExtensions 1
seta com_maxfps 125
seta cg_gibs 1
seta cg_forcemodel 1
seta com_blood 1
seta r_dynamiclight 0
seta r_flares 0
seta r_colorbits 32
seta r_texturebits 32
seta r_vertexLight 1
seta r_drawSun 0
seta cg_simpleItems 1
seta cg_draw3dIcons 0
seta cg_trueLightning 1
seta r_picmip 3
seta r_detailedtextures 0
seta cg_footsteps 1
seta cg_autoswitch 0
seta cg_drawTimer 1
seta cg_drawrewards 1
seta cg_drawcrosshairnames 1
seta cg_drawCrosshair 1
seta s_musicvolume 0
seta s_loadas8bit 0
seta s_khz 22
seta s_ambient 0
seta cg_lagometer 1
seta cl_timeNudge 0
seta cl_packetdup 0
seta rate 25000
seta cl_maxpackets 125
seta snaps 40
seta cg_bobroll 0
seta cg_bobpitch 0
seta cg_bobup 0
seta cg_runroll 0
seta cg_runpitch 0
seta r_smp 0
seta cl_allowDownload 1
seta cg_truelightning 1
seta cg_oldrail 0
seta color1 1
seta color2 0
seta cg_autoswitch 0
bind q weapon 5
bind e weapon 7
bind f weapon 6
bind x weapon 8
bind z weapon 2
bind r weapon 1
bind mouse2 weapon 3
bind mouse4 weapon 4
bind shift +zoom
seta cg_drawCrosshair 5
seta cl_mouseAccel 0
seta com_hunkMegs 512
seta r_dynamiclight 0
seta r_intensity 1.5
seta sensitivity 0.5
seta cg_zoomfov 22.5
seta r_dlightBacks 0
seta r_lodbias 2
seta r_textureMode GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST
seta cg_autoswitch 0
seta cg_bobpitch 0.000
seta cg_bobroll 0.000
seta cg_bobup 0.000
seta cg_runpitch 0.000
seta cg_runrll 0.000
seta cl_run 1
seta in_mouse -1
seta cg_drawgun 1
seta cg_enemymodel keel/pm
seta cg_enemycolor 2222
seta cg_fov 115

KingLeoric

Quake III Member
Quake III Member

very informative, thanks for taking the time to post RoH

http://www.pwpclan.org

RoH

I Just got here!

np np hope some one gets something from it.

Rambo

Rambo
I'm here way too much!

lol, helps me understand some stuff Smile but doesnt help me improve all that much.
Smile thanks anywaysss

Ill mess around with 2) and maybe i will see better results.

My FPS varies between days, sometime it will be ~100 sometimes ~30 lmao and anywhere inbetween that : /.

def good stuff. thx for sharing roh

RoH

I Just got here!

No problem and Rambo, have you ran some virus software? Or made sureyour cooling is intact?

thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut
I'm here way too much!

i thought id share some knowledge also
http://dailymotion.alice.it/video/x6e3y9_schtroumpf-party-version-brono_fun
Schtroumpf party version Brono
Uploaded by polo_blood_devil

http://www.peerweb.org/

Bretdaniel

I Just got here!

Guess I used to cheat with 250FPS Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content