*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your History of Music

+2
T@D
TheRustySpoon
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Your History of Music Empty Your History of Music Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:18 am

TheRustySpoon

TheRustySpoon
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

! New topic!
What music did you grow up too? How did it change and why did it change to what you listen to now?

Here is a bit of my musical journey:
When i was young i listened to my dad's classical cassette tapes, they were just famous songs ... I loved the songs, but i did like the songs that were more "dramatic"! *note to self find that tape*

I started listening to radio (102.1 the edge) from grade 7, it played mostly new rock, most of which were on the charts or was on the charts recently. I loved the energy, i didn't really care about what the lyrics meant because i focus more on tunes and not on words (another reason was that i had no idea what it meant or what it was even since my english was horrible at the time. >). My fav song was muse "hysteria", and i loved sum41. I bought the album "chuck" from sum41, and my fav song on there was surprisingly a song none heard of called "the bitter end". It was basically thrash metal, but i didn't know it at the time!

A year later, my friend burned me a metallica cd (some kind of monster), that had alot of metallica's hits live. I loved it! Ride the lightning! leper messiah! hit the lights! Listened to it everyday whenever i got a chance :3. Again i focused on melody, but at this time my english improved such that i can sort of make out that he was singing! (Learned to airguitar and lipsync!). It was great, i felt like i was listening to "the bitter end" but DIFFERENT! At this time im slowly getting to understand that metal =/= rock.

Then a year later, another friend introduced me to metal, mostly judas priest cause he loved it. I gave it go and immediately something about them was different, metallica and priest both had a powerful sound, but priest sounded more... dramatic...
I like to compare them to Beethoven vs Wagner (aka heavy metal dude of the classical music)
For those of you who dont know who they are:
Wagner:
Beethoven
While wagner sounded more powerful, beethoven had alot of changes they had soft moments and loud moments, but never did they lose the momentum...
Priest was like ohh so dramatic! Their guitars were driving, they have lots of changes, they were higher sounding than metallica's ... sound
Many of my friends think priest 's singer screams.... but i think of it more like DRAMATIC opera like style of singing.... (like AC DC's)

I pretty much listend to metal for a year or two, but now im opening my mind to other styles of music. Generally new stuff, meh what can i say. They are catchy! <3 katy perry <3 taylor swift <3 avril lavigne <3 black eye peas <3 lady gaga.

Why did i make this thread? Well originally i was responding to people's comments in that "rap" thread o.o, and the arguement with lyrics vs melody.... i prefer the melody to the lyrics. But then again I try to listen to new songs with an open mind, and sometimes ill like different songs even songs that are more lyrics orientated.

Music is about expressing things that you cant just read off a paper and making it beautiful, you cant read rap, you cant read guitar tabs, you cant read notes and call it music! I like more of a dramatic/driven/energetic melodic based song.

Razz what about u guys? Razz

2Your History of Music Empty Re: Your History of Music Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:42 am

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

I promise to read all of that b y the end f the week... and reply....

http://www.pwpclan.org

3Your History of Music Empty Re: Your History of Music Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:59 am

Somehow

Somehow
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

My mum listened a lot to nine inch nails, nirvana, they might be giants, smashing pumpkins and marilyn manson. I guess all is said.

4Your History of Music Empty Re: Your History of Music Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:12 pm

Insekz

Insekz
Retired
Retired

I used to like country, Lee kernagan. Then as i grew up, I started listening to rap, then i grew up even more and liked metal/rock.

5Your History of Music Empty Re: Your History of Music Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:28 am

Somehow

Somehow
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

You are one of'em Sketch. One of teh "I've grown and got enlightened."

6Your History of Music Empty Re: Your History of Music Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:20 am

YeTi

YeTi
Retired
Retired

I grew up to Green Day, Blink 182, Sum 41, etc.

But now im into metal (Parkway Drive, Devil Wears Prada, etc.)

gg.

7Your History of Music Empty Re: Your History of Music Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:03 pm

Somehow

Somehow
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

Too many people grown up to shit musics : /.. Hopefully they turn over and start listening good songs.

8Your History of Music Empty Re: Your History of Music Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:35 pm

tool

tool
Retired
Retired

I grew up with all the oldies. My dad and brother both listened to same kinds of music. Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, CCR, ELO, Rolling Stones, you name it. When I got to about 8th grade is when I first heard Tool on the radio (I think it was Eulogy that was playing) and I just loved that hard-hitting sound. After that I just continuously listened to the rock station, 105.3 San Diego, and got familiar with all of the good new hard rock bands. Pretty up up until recently I've been a hard rock/metal guy, but now I like bands that seem a bit calmer like A Perfect Circle and a lot of trance songs and alternative songs. I like pretty much anything that sounds good, as long as it isn't rap or country.

http://www.myspace.com/kaylaandme

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum