*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

:D

+8
maX!ma
*b|K*
EARTH_QUAKE
Virtuosity
T@D
NO DATA
__Smokey__
Blaze
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1:D - Page 2 Empty :D Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:31 am

Blaze

Blaze
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

First topic message reminder :

I miss u guys T.T

btw hi Very Happy

http://www.spankwire.com

26:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:23 am

maX!ma

Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

I'm like bloody, i'm bored of quake period. I hardly get on QL, i've been playing other FPS games.

http://www.pwpclan.org

27:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

maX!ma wrote:I'm like bloody, i'm bored of quake period. I hardly get on QL, i've been playing other FPS games.
me too pretty much, i've been using my ps3 more than my computer nowadays. btw i got a new 360 and MIGHT get live here soon. depends on whether i end up buying a few new games to add onto the collection i had for my old 360 or not.

28:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:25 pm

EARTH_QUAKE

EARTH_QUAKE
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

i dont really get x box that much.... sorry i know my fail.

QL is the only fps i've ever actually been good at :'(

29:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

EARTH_QUAKE wrote:i dont really get x box that much.... sorry i know my fail.

you just haven't tried many other FPSes yet. practice makes perfect.

30:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Roachleader wrote:

Also a waste of time.

31:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:21 pm

EARTH_QUAKE

EARTH_QUAKE
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

both true.

32:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:02 am

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

virtuosity wrote:
Roachleader wrote:

Also a waste of time.

i could easily call your GFXing a waste of time, because it's of no use to ME.
therefore "waste of time" is a matter of perspective for the most part.

33:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:23 am

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Roachleader wrote:
virtuosity wrote:
Roachleader wrote:

Also a waste of time.

Comparing a game to a career... pathetic.

Gaming is a waste of time. You will get no where in life playing a game for hours.
At least Visual Communications can get somewhere in life. By the way I am going for animation not just graphics.

34:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:22 am

EARTH_QUAKE

EARTH_QUAKE
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

wtf... roach...

35:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:25 am

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

virtuosity wrote:
Roachleader wrote:
virtuosity wrote:
Roachleader wrote:

Also a waste of time.

Comparing a game to a career... pathetic.

Gaming is a waste of time. You will get no where in life playing a game for hours.
At least Visual Communications can get somewhere in life. By the way I am going for animation not just graphics.

Gaming CAN get you somewhere in life though, think about the many careers and jobs that branch out from game development, lets see, you have beta testers, artists, writers, animators, etc.

the way i see it, gaming is basically practice for one of those many jobs.

36:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:22 am

maX!ma

maX!ma
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

FPS games are all along the same line...

37:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:43 am

EARTH_QUAKE

EARTH_QUAKE
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

Gaming can lead to work, agreed. But unless you are specifically being paid to develop, test or review games then it is merely a PASS TIME. A HOBBY.

Do you honestly look back on a day of gaming and think "yeah that was well spent time"?

I look at gaming as fun, but not a lifestyle!

38:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Roach you are the biggest dumb ass I have met.

No. 1 Game testers - They make garbage money and on top of that it isn't all fun and games. The reason they have beta testers is to find the bugs and glitches. Although getting paid to play a game sounds fun it isn't.

No. 2 Artists - Hmm I could be mistaken but I am pretty sure Michael Angelo didn't spend his life practicing how to get better in an FPS.

No. 3 Writers - Again people that write aren't people that sit on their ass all day playing video games. Don't know if you ever read a book or picked one up in your life but writers and such tend to use their imagination instead of watching it on TV.

No. 4 Animators - I am currently doing animation in my school and it is NOT easy work nor is it all fun and games as well. I do enjoy it however but it can be frustrating. So let me tell you this I HARDLY almost never anymore play FPS and I am doing animation. Guess I am doing it the wrong way?

Roach next time before you try to show me up with stupid comments like that put some thought into it.

39:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

virtuosity wrote:Roach you are the biggest dumb ass I have met.

No. 1 Game testers - They make garbage money and on top of that it isn't all fun and games. The reason they have beta testers is to find the bugs and glitches. Although getting paid to play a game sounds fun it isn't.

No. 2 Artists - Hmm I could be mistaken but I am pretty sure Michael Angelo didn't spend his life practicing how to get better in an FPS.

No. 3 Writers - Again people that write aren't people that sit on their ass all day playing video games. Don't know if you ever read a book or picked one up in your life but writers and such tend to use their imagination instead of watching it on TV.

No. 4 Animators - I am currently doing animation in my school and it is NOT easy work nor is it all fun and games as well. I do enjoy it however but it can be frustrating. So let me tell you this I HARDLY almost never anymore play FPS and I am doing animation. Guess I am doing it the wrong way?

Roach next time before you try to show me up with stupid comments like that put some thought into it.

sure take the first stab at calling me a dumbass. i know EXACTLY what i'm saying, and you obviously don't.
i'm talking about game development, as in playing a game to see examples of other developer's work, etc. to get ideas on how to properly develop a plot/story for a game (writer) and possibly even to figure out what kind of graphics truly appeal to the gaming audience, hence where the "artist" factor comes into play. who draws the characters and develops them? who draws the landscape or whatever your character will be walking around in? who draws the weapons/etc.? if you said anything other than "an artist" then you are wrong.
simply playing a video game, and looking at it closely, you can get ideas on what kind of animation movement looks good with what kind of graphics/etc. now when i say graphics, i'm talking cel-shaded/cartoony/realistic/whatever kind of graphics a game has. and i know very well what game testers do already. most animators have at some point, derived movement-animation styles from other sources and applied it to their own projects. before you go making any more idiotic responses, please try and read what i said more carefully. normally when i post something in an actual discussion without using a smiley, i mean it.

40:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:07 pm

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

^^from what i said above, you can plainly see what i want to do for a career, and i've already had some experience in doing so, using game maker 8, i made a slightly decent zelda-ish game a while ago, and i want to pursue this dream of mine to become part of a developer team of some game company somewhere. really haven't gotten too far yet, but i will not give up on that dream, nor do you have any right to trample on it.

on a much lighter note, can we get back on topic?

hi blaze.

41:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:57 pm

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

A career is something you wanna do, a job is something you have to do..

Some people make beta testing new games their career cuz it's what they want to do in life, even if it's shit pay.. It's kinda like teaching, just without the annoying kids..

42:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

You are funny roach.

I make a statement how playing a video game for hours and hours a day is a waste of time and then you take it as a personal attack and then disrespect me.

Go ahead and make games through 'Game Maker 8' you are only going to fail in the end. Game developers use programs such as Autodesk Maya and 3D Studio Max for modeling/animating and designing levels. Then they go with C++ programing. And obviously there is more to the process then that but that is a good portion of the gaming development.

Oh and for your information you said "beta testers" meaning post development. They go through and work out all the kinks before finalizing it. Same goes with proofs for graphic design and writing.

By the way, way to point out the obvious, people in every career look out for inspiration or research once in a while. Not sure if you know what the word research means but I would look it up in a dictionary although that is part of research.

All I have to say is at least I am not a fake person with problems so far up my ass that I can't see straight.

So come on, grow up Peter Pan.

43:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:02 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

nodata wrote:A career is something you wanna do, a job is something you have to do..

Some people make beta testing new games their career cuz it's what they want to do in life, even if it's shit pay.. It's kinda like teaching, just without the annoying kids..

Yes and no. A lot of the game testers are people that feel they want to do that for a living and decide they don't. It isn't hard to get approved for testing games. It isn't like you need a college degree.

I have a personal friend that use to test games for Sony.

Oh and I forgot to mention not only do they use different programs than Game Maker, they also have the programs they used heavily modified to make the workflow faster.

44:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:05 pm

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

I'm sure there are the people who actually enjoy it for what it is, and not just figured "W00t! I get paid to play awesome games!!"

Btw, is it just me, or does the guy in your sig have to right arms?

45:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

It is a llama with a batman suit lol

46:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:49 am

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

I said sig..

47:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:56 am

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Oh no he has two arms in total.

48:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:19 am

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

virtuosity wrote:You are funny roach.
All I have to say is at least I am not a fake person with problems so far up my ass that I can't see straight.
So come on, grow up Peter Pan.

i know, i'm fucking hilarious.
fake person with problems? dunno about fake, but i can damn well see straight enough to put my foot up your ass.
and normally on the internet, the first person to tell someone else to grow up is the one acting like a child in the first place.

i wasn't even causing any problems until you decided to come in here calling me a dumbass and criticizing my opinions.

and take a look at most of my recent posts and compare them to my old posts from like a year ago/etc, i have changed a LOT since then.

also, i don't intend to stick to game maker forever, i just want to get a feel for development and completely figure out what works best when building a game. game maker has some decent qualities to it, but it's limited and basic, i will eventually move on once i feel i'm ready to do so.

49:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:49 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

Almost every game designer started with the same tools..... A pencil and paper.

And imo, there is no difference between a job and a career anymore the way things are now. Here is the old difference...... A job is entry level.... anyone could get one, a career typically involved schooling. Now-a-days, you can turn a job into a career easier then before. You don't need the extensive schooling to work your way up, although it can be easier. There are, however, jobs that require schooling....but even those being called "careers" is up to the individual.

What it breaks down to is what ever you want to call your work. Typically, people that stick in jobs that are always the same discipline, call their jobs careers..... but that is still up to the person. I was in retail management for over 10 years, and I would never see it as a "career". The actual difference of what you choose to call it, is completely irrelevant.

50:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Roach look how you are acting. There wasn't a problem till you took my opinion personal.

I said playing games for hours was a waste of time and then you took it personal. Everyone has their opinion and to be honest I don't give a damn if my design is no use to you, never asked it to be. All I know is in the end I am the one that will be happy and making good money.

By the way you just proved that you have problems. At least when you look back and look at my posts I haven't changed unlike you.

Now how about you stop being a child. I don't care if you are a member or not I rather not be disrespected.

This doesn't need a response.

51:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

T@D wrote:Almost every game designer started with the same tools..... A pencil and paper.

And imo, there is no difference between a job and a career anymore the way things are now. Here is the old difference...... A job is entry level.... anyone could get one, a career typically involved schooling. Now-a-days, you can turn a job into a career easier then before. You don't need the extensive schooling to work your way up, although it can be easier. There are, however, jobs that require schooling....but even those being called "careers" is up to the individual.

What it breaks down to is what ever you want to call your work. Typically, people that stick in jobs that are always the same discipline, call their jobs careers..... but that is still up to the person. I was in retail management for over 10 years, and I would never see it as a "career". The actual difference of what you choose to call it, is completely irrelevant.

Lies it is all about a tablet and PS Very Happy Just kidding. Although I really want to get a tablet to draw in Photoshop Razz

Also there really isn't a difference now. I started as a News Intern at The Signal and now I got a job making decent money. They expect me to stay there for a while. Not only that my buddy I went to school with got an internship at an IT place and they liked him so much they hired him, he is now making $30/hr.

52:D - Page 2 Empty Re: :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum