*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf
*pWp*CL@n* Forums
Welcome to *pWp* clans official forums. If you have any issues logging in please contact TaD#8370 or TheDude#8394 on Discord: https://discord.gg/whMrrWgHMf

You are not connected. Please login or register

:D

+8
maX!ma
*b|K*
EARTH_QUAKE
Virtuosity
T@D
NO DATA
__Smokey__
Blaze
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

1:D - Page 3 Empty :D Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:31 am

Blaze

Blaze
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

First topic message reminder :

I miss u guys T.T

btw hi Very Happy

http://www.spankwire.com

51:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Virtuosity

Leader
Leader

T@D wrote:Almost every game designer started with the same tools..... A pencil and paper.

And imo, there is no difference between a job and a career anymore the way things are now. Here is the old difference...... A job is entry level.... anyone could get one, a career typically involved schooling. Now-a-days, you can turn a job into a career easier then before. You don't need the extensive schooling to work your way up, although it can be easier. There are, however, jobs that require schooling....but even those being called "careers" is up to the individual.

What it breaks down to is what ever you want to call your work. Typically, people that stick in jobs that are always the same discipline, call their jobs careers..... but that is still up to the person. I was in retail management for over 10 years, and I would never see it as a "career". The actual difference of what you choose to call it, is completely irrelevant.

Lies it is all about a tablet and PS Very Happy Just kidding. Although I really want to get a tablet to draw in Photoshop Razz

Also there really isn't a difference now. I started as a News Intern at The Signal and now I got a job making decent money. They expect me to stay there for a while. Not only that my buddy I went to school with got an internship at an IT place and they liked him so much they hired him, he is now making $30/hr.

52:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

T@D wrote:Almost every game designer started with the same tools..... A pencil and paper.

And imo, there is no difference between a job and a career anymore the way things are now. Here is the old difference...... A job is entry level.... anyone could get one, a career typically involved schooling. Now-a-days, you can turn a job into a career easier then before. You don't need the extensive schooling to work your way up, although it can be easier. There are, however, jobs that require schooling....but even those being called "careers" is up to the individual.

What it breaks down to is what ever you want to call your work. Typically, people that stick in jobs that are always the same discipline, call their jobs careers..... but that is still up to the person. I was in retail management for over 10 years, and I would never see it as a "career". The actual difference of what you choose to call it, is completely irrelevant.
the way i see it, a job is short term, and a career is something you do for the rest of your life. that's actually pretty accurate if you look at it on a base-level.

and @virt, the only reason i responded to your message in such a manner is because the first line of your post said:
"you are the biggest dumbass i've ever met"

which was completely unprovoked.

if you don't want to argue, don't insult people. simple as that.

53:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:59 pm

EARTH_QUAKE

EARTH_QUAKE
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

Job: A post of employment; full-time or part-time position
Career: An occupation or profession, especially one requiring special training, followed as one's lifework

I think "career" is slightly more general, encompassing specific "job"s within it. E.g. one's engineering career may include them working at multiple places.

54:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:36 pm

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

virtuosity wrote:Oh no he has two arms in total.
Almost looks like he has another arm behind is right one, could just be an optical illusion caused by the lightning/electricity thing.

55:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

Roach maybe because you said what I go to school for and do for a living is a waste of time... Have you thought of that?

56:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:43 pm

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

He meant it as it would be a waste of time for him cuz he has no use for it cuz he's not gonna do graphic design..

57:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Virtuosity

Virtuosity
Leader
Leader

The thing is I never mentioned for him to do graphics?

Also re-read what he said. He never said he wouldn't study VC because it is useless to him he basically said to me that what I do is useless.

Either way I don't care just rather not be disrespected based on an opinion. Next time it happens I will do something about it. For now it is dropped.

58:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:41 pm

beatles

beatles
Quake III Member
Quake III Member

hi blaze Smile

http://www.pwpclan.org

59:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:19 pm

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

Roachleader wrote:
virtuosity wrote:
Roachleader wrote:
EARTH_QUAKE wrote:i dont really get x box that much.... sorry i know my fail.

QL is the only fps i've ever actually been good at :'(

you just haven't tried many other FPSes yet. practice makes perfect.

Also a waste of time.

i could easily call your GFXing a waste of time, because it's of no use to ME.
therefore "waste of time" is a matter of perspective for the most part.
Right there is what I'm talking about, Virt..

He never said it was a waste of time, he said he could call it that cuz it would be one for him. Just as video games are a waste of time for you in your eyes.. Even tho the careers I'm considering have nothing to do with video games, they're not a waste of time to me. Therefore, as Roach said, it's all a matter of perspective, same as "one man's trash is another man's treasure."

60:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:01 am

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

Anyone one wanna give me a "blow career"?

61:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:32 am

maX!ma

maX!ma
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

You guys are DB'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL a job is a job.... Gaming...is a hobby....ppl take it serious and enter tourneys... but..c'mon. you guys are beating a dead horse.

62:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:21 am

NO DATA

NO DATA
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

Gambling can also be considered a hobby...or a job, or a career.

Hell, people are making a living for themselves using Full Tilt Poker, which is both of the "hobbies" mentioned..

63:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:35 am

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

nodata wrote:"one man's trash is another man's treasure."
there's truly no better way to put it. thanks data.

64:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:56 pm

EARTH_QUAKE

EARTH_QUAKE
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

roach, what i dont get is that you said virt's graphics are pointless to you, but if you are interested in game design surely graphics (of some sort) are relevent? even if just for stills and shit?

65:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:26 pm

T@D

T@D
*pWp*Founder*
*pWp*Founder*

Not always true. I see a lot of PS work that I think is shit Smile

66:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:36 pm

EARTH_QUAKE

EARTH_QUAKE
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

tad, dont be difficult; where did i say "all ps work is important" Mad

67:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:59 pm

maX!ma

maX!ma
Quake Live Member
Quake Live Member

MINE!

68:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:34 am

Roachleader

Roachleader
I'm here way too much!

EARTH_QUAKE wrote:roach, what i dont get is that you said virt's graphics are pointless to you, but if you are interested in game design surely graphics (of some sort) are relevent? even if just for stills and shit?
yes, but i was trying to make a point, one person who finds something fun and useful, will always find another person who thinks what they're doing is pointless and boring.
hence the quote, "one man's trash is another man's treasure" and vice versa.

69:D - Page 3 Empty Re: :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum